Montag, 14. April 2014

The Enchanted Island (New York 2014)


THE ENCHANTED ISLAND
Barockfantasie in 2 Akten

Libretto Jeremy Spans nach William Shakespeare's The Tempest und A Midsummer Night's Dream
Musik | George Frideric Handel, Antonio Vivaldi,
Jean-Philippe Rameau, André Campra, Jean-Marie Leclair,
Henry Purcell, Jean-Féry Rebel und Giovanni Battista Ferrandini

Metropolitan Opera House 8. März 2014

Prospero | David Daniels
Ariel | Danielle de Niese
Sycorax | Susan Graham
Caliban | Luca Pisaroni
Miranda | Andriana Chuchman
Helena | Janai Brugger
Hermia | Elizabeth DeShong
Demetrius | Andrew Stenson
Lysander | Nicholas Pallesen
Ferdinand | Anthony Roth Costanzo
Quartet | Jihee Kim, Monica Yunus, Norman Shankle, Tyler Simpson
Neptune | Plácido Domingo
Bradley Brookshire | Cembalo
David Heiss | Cello
Dirigent | Patrick Summers


Downloadlink
Passwort: operalia

3 Kommentare:

  1. Thank you for this. I myself am not the biggest fan of baroque opera, but I had a chance to see this last month at the Met & must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.It was quite entertaining & reminded me more of a Broadway musical than opera, with the audience clapping after every aria. There were a few different arias inserted by Mr. Domingo & Ms. Graham which, in my opinion, were an improvement over the original broadcast. Thanks again!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I just went through some tracks. It is really some kind of modern Baroque Musical. I do not like tis kind of stuff. But the people seem to like it. Do you live in USA? Kind regards Werther

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Yes, I do live in the States. I enjoy going to the Met.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...